Claiming mileage expenses?


The University is classed as a student’s permanent place of study/work by our Insurance Company. If you are going anywhere else (e.g. visits to research participants, to a conference) which isn’t part of your social driving or commuting, then you need to have business insurance.

You will not be able to claim mileage unless you demonstrate to finance that you have business insurance.

If you’re on the Access aCloud system, you will be prompted to add your insurance document as part of setting up your vehicle and duty of care details. Otherwise, please provide your insurance document to the Research School as part of your expenses claim.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: